Monday

01.31.10 RE: 01.23.10+

I have NOT run the amounts I am supposed to have this month. Sigh.
I've been trying, it's just been a really crazy month for traveling and such, AND I spent the second half of the month with a gross cold. And we're at the point in training where all of the runs are long so I have to actually put legitimate time aside for running if I want to follow my calendar.

My calendar says I'm running 23 miles this coming Saturday.
It's lying.

First of all, apparently you don't need to run that long of a run in training. Second of all, I happen to be in South Bend watching my cousin Matt get married on the 6th, and running 23 miles just doesn't fit into that plan.

Which doesn't mean I won't be stepping up my training, especially now that my cold is gone (so I can stop spitting up gross shit while running. Yes, ew.) ALSO, I'm going running shoe shopping with Mel tomorrow (YAHOO!!) which hopefully will remedy my random pains. I bought new shoes when we started this endeavor but I did it Dusty-style (which means Mel was my running shoe guru and we were at Big 5 and there was a sale...) The shoes have been pretty good to me up until about a month ago, but recently my right arch has been extremely angry with me and I think it's starting to give the other foot ideas because (I kid you not) my entireleft foot fell asleep for three-fourths of my 5-miler. There is no sensation weirder than running three miles with one foot entirely asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment