Tuesday

05.05.09

This morning's ride was full of interactions with people, which is weird for me - usually when I'm biking people tend to leave me alone.

I was planning on leaving the house around 8 am and doing a three hour-ish ride before heading to a meeting I had in Malibu, but I woke up feeling awkwardly nauseous and had to sit around for an hour and a half and drink tea and eat toast before I felt like I could actually GO anywhere. I ended up heading toward Griffith Park. About 5 miles in, I was passed by an old guy who then proceeded to bike JUST a little slower than my pace. I stayed behind him 'cause I didn't want to leapfrog all the way to G.Park, and eventually we started talking. He's 72, his name is Richard, and he's really nice! He gave me the card for a bike shop he frequents and he showed me a new bike path that I swear I've passed fourteen times and never even noticed! He was meeting up with some friends of his so we split ways. On my way home I got stopped by a dude in a car who was looking for some store (and hadn't gotten te address before leaving his house? Weirdo.) Anyway. Lots of interactions.

Total: 24.5 miles via bike

No comments:

Post a Comment