Friday

05.08.09

I can't focus on anything right now, the SB fire is just making me restless - and I'm not even THERE! I just...Binky (well, her dad, but her HOUSE so she's there helping out) and Kristen and probably Rick and all of my CBB kids and NFTY kids have been evacuated and I want to help but there's nothing I can do and it just makes me feel helpless =(

...but, that's not the reason I'm posting. I'm posting because I finally managed another significantly lengthy ride. I basically did the Victory to Topanga to the water and back over Sepulveda ride, but I made some slight route changes (they didn't really do much to the mileage, but they did loads for my sanity) - for one, I stayed on the Orange Line bike path and so I cut out some of the street-riding on Victory, which was nice. I also stayed on PCH until I got to the Santa Monica pier and then I took Santa Monica Blvd to Sepulveda, which cut out Sunset (godsend, Sunset is a BITCH - full of cars and potholes and hills and just generally unpleasant). Also, while I was on PCH I saw dolphins! My first LA dolphins, I haven't seen any here yet. They were really close to the beach too, I was kind of surprised.

Right. I also biked to work on Wednesday and forgot to mention it on here.

totals:
05.06.09 - 8.3 miles via bike, reg. work commute
05.08.09 - 52.0 miles via bike, wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment