Friday

03.06.09

Well. After three days of letting my body recuperate from its short but angry 'fever-and-headache-and-sore-throat-and STOP OVERWORKING YOURSELF' stint, I decided enough is enough and went on a bike ride this morning. My thought process went like this: "If I bike down Coldwater Canyon and then eventually turn L and then eventually turn L again, I'll end up back in my world!" Right. Not exactly.

Things I learned today:
1. Laurel Canyon, which I previously thought ran parallel to Coldwater Canyon, in fact CROSSES Coldwater Canyon.
2. Van Nuys Blvd. is a LONG street. Not straight, but long. And it was the only street I recognized while minorly confused out in the boonies of San Fernando.
3. When you go on a bike ride at 8:30 AM, don't expect any bike shops to be open to help with directions - they aren't open until 10:00 AM. Duh.

All in all it was actually a really fun ride - I got to explore a new part of the Valley (though a different part than I thought I was exploring, go figure) and there are some nice quiet streets if you go out far enough.

Route: Coldwater toward Magnolia, L on Glenoaks, L on Maclay, L on Laurel Canyon, R on Van Nuys, L on Woodman aaaall the way back to L on Riverside.

Totals: 23.57 miles for the mornin + regular 8.3 mile work jaunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment