Saturday

03.28.09

So I was supposed to go on a third ALC training ride yesterday but apparently all of these early mornings gave me the beginnings of a cold, and since I'm flying to the East coast tomorrow for work schtuff I decided that I'd take the beginning of Shabbat to heart and rest up.

As a result, I was able to get up and do a wonderfully pleasant ride this morning-ish (didn't start until 11 am, which I was totally okay with) through the Valley. Started at home and googlemap-ed my way to the general vicinity of Michelle's house in Chatsworth, mostly to prove that I could bike to her house if I really wanted to. The ride was pretty flat and pretty strightforward, maybe five turns total and all major streets, but it was a longer ride than I'd done recently so it still had merit. Not to mention that I STILL have a headache three hours later (which I'm fairly accustomed to, it happens when I don't properly hydrate. Both Angie and Matt tend to yell at me for this (which is totally legit), to which I generally reply 'but I THOUGHT I was drinking enough?!' And I did. As usual. Lame.) I'm just not used to the heat I think. Excuses excuses. The majority of the pounding throbbing part is gone, so I'll be fine. I just need about another gallon of water =)

totals: 37.08 miles via bike (wahoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment