Sunday

04.05.09

I AM POOPED. But if I don't document now I won't get around to it until three days from now and then I'll feel lame.

In short, I finally managed to plan and execute a 50+ mile ride in the Valley! I used Tyler's house and Michelle's house as my points to get to and then connected the dots - Sherman Oaks to Tujunga to Chatsworth and back to Sherman Oaks. Some significant climbing in the beginning and a nice happy downhill. Multiple water (and consequently urination) stops. Still managed to get myself a headache, lame.

Also, on Friday (04.03.09) I added a bit onto my end-of-day commute home, which brought my total ride-mileage to 19.5. I would have ridden much more this week but I was at security training in Pennsylvania (no I am not kidding). I feel like SOME of that journey has to count as cross-training though, we were punching the stuffin' out of some of those pillows! My pecs hurt for day afterward.

Totals:
04.03.09 - 19.5 miles via bike (4 in the am, the rest in the pm)
04.05.09 - 54.5 miles via bike (avg 14.2 mph, which is really good for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment