Tuesday

03.24.09

Biked to work on Friday but didn't record it:
03.20.09 = 8.3 miles bike

Yesterday was really really windy and Mel had stayed over the night before and needed a ride home anyhow, so I drove to work, which I never do on Mondays usually. It turned out to be a good thing because I had a meeting I'd forgotten I was having and it was nice to be in real-person clothing rather than the getup I wear in the office when I bike in (which is bike clothes under oversized jeans + Polish slippers + an XL balck hooded sweatshirt with R.C.V.P. on the front, D.A.R.E-style from when Jer was RC.)

Today was much less windy and a balmy 77 degrees, and on my way home from work on my bike I decided that there was still some sun left in the day so I dropped my backpack off at home and just continued down the street I live on (Riverside) for about 6 miles and turned around and came back. I like doing that. Going straight on a street for a long time is beautifully mind-numbing, and you usually end up somewhere interesting, and it's fun to see what kinds of things are further down a street you've only seen a little bit of.

Tomorrow I have RSVPed for a real live ALC training ride (something I've been meaning to do for looong time now) at 6:30 am. Gah.

total miles biked 03.24.09: 21 (8.3 counts as my commute, the rest counts as exploration =)

No comments:

Post a Comment