Saturday

technically 01.10.09

This entry could be titled "Dusty and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". Remember that book? Alexander had a terrible horrible no good very bad day (without even COMMAS!) but by the end of the book it wasn't SO SO bad?

Right. Movement.

1. About halfway through my bike ride to work, my pannier (the little sidebag doohickey people put on the backs of their bikes to carry shit around) fell off of my bike and got run over by a truck. This ruined the hooks that enable the pannier to BE a pannier. So now it's my 'biking backpack'.

Work was stressful and full of upset people. But there was chocolate-chip challah.

2. After work I (quickly) ran errands (on my bike) in order to get home in time to change and find an apartment in which a guy was selling a kitchen table for $20.00. Upon finishing my errands and biking to my doorstep, I realized that I had left my keys at Wells Fargo. The bank is four miles away in treacherous L.A. traffic. And I was going to be late. So I hopped back on my bike (still carrying my newly converted pannier-backpack containing my laptop and various other heavy and awkwardly shaped items such as a pair of dress boots) and went straight to Table Man's house. Table Man is maybe the nicest human being in all of Los Angeles. No. Really. He helped me load the table (hereafter known as LAH aka Large and Heavy) into HIS truck. Then he drove me, my bike, and LAH to the bank, where I collected my keys. THEN he drove me to the apartment and helped my carry LAH up two flights of stairs and into my apartment. At the top of the stairs, I got that feeling you get when you stand up too fast. Except I was already standing up and it didn't go away. And then I got the tunnel hearing thing going too. And in front of a perfect stranger, I had an almost-fainting-spell.

Before he left, we finally introduced himself. Table Man is also known as Pete.

The rest of the day was pretty basic;

3. I ran approximately 1/4 of a mile (whee?) to the drugstore and back and then biked to the grocery store and back and then spent the rest of the night NOT moving.

Total miles traveled:
13.something via bike
.88 via sneaker
courtyard length + two flights of stairs carrying LAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment